We Care About Your Privacy
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEA) is legislation enacted by the Canadian government. We fully adhere to that legislation at all times.
Personal Information We Collect
"Basic personal information"
We may collect "basic personal information" from you from time to time that includes:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Your age and gender
We collect that basic personal information in a number of ways, for example:
- When you contact us to ask questions, either by telephone, by email or in person
- When you meet with a HARVEST representative
We may use this basic personal information in our various postal and email mailing lists to contact you from time to time to:
- Describe the services we provide
- To inform you of various offers and benefits we provide, and
- If you are not a HARVEST partner, to invite you to become one (we do that through various methods including direct mail campaigns and email campaign, using the personal information you provide us to include you in our mailing lists for those direct mail campaigns)Email communications for the foregoing marketing initiatives will always include an identification of the sender and an "Unsubscribe" option.
We also collect what can be called "anonymous/aggregated information". We collect such information via the following methods:
- Browser information (i.e., the URL of the web page you were just on, the IP address of the computer you are using, your domain type, and your browser version). Browser information is automatically recorded as part of transmitting information over the Internet. We may use it to help us display information in the best format for you.
- Cookies. Our website uses "cookies". A cookie is a small text file sent to your browser's files for our reference. No one else can read this file. Cookies allow our server computer to recognize you when you return to the site, so you don't have to re-register and so we can retain any preferences you may have given us. If you do not wish to receive cookies, most browsers allow you to be alerted when a cookie is sent to your computer, so you can decide whether to accept it.
Consent to the Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
When you contact HARVEST for any reason (either in person, by telephone, by regular mail, or by email), or if HARVEST contacts you without you having contacted HARVEST first and you provide "basic personal information" to the HARVEST representative, you will be deemed to provide your consent to HARVEST's collection of your "basic personal information" and to use that "basic personal information" for the purposes described above under the heading "basic personal information".
Control of Your Information
If at any time you withdraw your consent to collect and/or use your personal information, HARVEST may not be able to provide you with any further services since we will require such information to provide you with accurate services.
If at any time you should tell HARVEST not to use your personal information, your personal information will still form part of HARVEST's internal records; HARVEST will simply not use it for any purpose other than maintaining it in HARVEST's archives for historical archival records only.
Visiting a Third Party Website via a Link From Our Own Website
Our Policy Regarding Sharing of Information
Our policy regarding the selling or renting of your personal information is simple: we never sell or rent your personal information to any third parties under any circumstances.
You may contact HARVEST at any time in relation to any matter, via our Contact Us page.